We need an experienced Ecologist for 1 year maternity cover (may be extended for the right candidate) in our Exeter branch, to join our small, professional, friendly and hard-working team. Starting in April 2018.
Acorn Ecology is a well-known and highly respected Ecological Consultancy that also delivers high quality Ecological Training Courses. We are celebrating our 15 year anniversary in May and provide a full range of Ecological Consultancy services in the south of the UK from our Exeter, Bristol and Guildford Branches. We specialise in: bats, dormice, badgers, reptiles and GCN.
We are looking for YOU! We are inviting applications if you are/have the following:
- A good relevant degree.
- Full or Associate member of CIEEM
- Two or more years’ full time consultancy experience.
- Your own transport and a full UK driving licence.
- Highly professional, friendly and eloquent person who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, course delegates and colleagues.
- Highly literate and excellent written reporting skills.
- Can-do attitude.
- A bat licence (or are ready to be assessed for one).
- Able to demonstrate competence in Phase1 and preliminary ecological appraisal.
- Good botanical skills.
- Competent with bat sound analysis and the use of Analook (training can be given).
- Happy to work unsociable hours when required.
- Happy to get involved in the everyday running of the business, such as administration, marketing and sales.
- Ideally Dormouse and/or GCN licence.
- Experience with EPSL applications and BREEAM assessments (training can be given).
- Ideally be confident and willing to deliver ecological training courses (with training and support).
- Local knowledge about policies and consultation zones is desirable as most of our work is carried out in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset.
In return we offer a diverse career in which we shall train and nurture you, and encourage your ongoing professional development. You will also receive a competitive salary of £18k -£25k (depending upon your skills and experience), 20 days holiday plus public holidays, time off in lieu for extra hours worked and a pension.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of application to email@example.com (Managing Director and Principal Ecologist) with the subject: Ecologist Vacancy. Or post to Ecologist Vacancy, Acorn Ecology Ltd, The Granary, Westpoint, Sidmouth Road, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, Devon, EX5 1DJ.
Your letter should be no more than 500 words and should describe how your skills and experience meet our requirements as outlined above. Your CV should be no longer than 3 pages. You should also give us the earliest date you would be available to start work. Your application must reach us by Friday 16th February 2018. Initial interviews will be held on 26th and 27th February on the phone or Skype unless you live locally to Exeter. Second interviews will be conducted in Exeter on 5th or 6th March 2018.